MEET THE PARTNERS
Learn more about each partner
- GIZ – German Corporation for International Cooperation is a 100% federally owned organisation that operates on a public-benefit basis in more than 120 countries worldwide, with registered offices in Bonn and Eschborn, Germany.
- Corporate purpose: international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, dedicating to shaping a future worth living around the world.
- Employs around 22,199 staff members across the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
- Volume of business in 2019: EUR 3.1 billion
- Hydro-Comp is an international Information technology and consulting company specialising in integrated management information systems (EDAMS) and related services for utilities and municipalities.
- Hydro-Comp provides a unique combination of Billing, Customer Services and Asset Management software together with related services aimed at improving overall utility performance and efficiency. Its services range from implementation and support of systems, to institutional strengthening projects and to studies dealing with network optimisation and reduction of losses.
- Its practical experience in undertaking engineering projects led to the development of industry-specific methodologies that, in turn, formed the basis of the “EDAMS” suite of Management Systems in use today.
- The company operates in Africa, Europe, and Asia, with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Cyprus, Egypt and Eastern Europe. With more than 35 years in operations Hydro-Comp has more than 200 customers using the EDAMS suite of products in 19 countries.
- IAWD, is the International Association of Water Service Companies in the Danube River Catchment Area. Established in 1993, IAWD has built a strong network of cooperation in the region, which goes beyond national, cultural and linguistic borders.
- IAWD supports the utilities directly and through its partners, the national water utility associations, to secure the water quality of the Danube and its tributaries, to make the utility services sustainable, to represent the utilities’ interests and be an established and attractive platform for donors covering the entire region.
- IAWD, together with its partners, the national water utility associations, has established the Danube Learning Partnership (D-LeaP), which is designed as a regional, integrated and sustainable capacity building initiative offering a comprehensive curriculum to the staff of water and wastewater utilities located in the Danube region.
ASSOCIATION FOR WATER TECHNOLOGY AND SANITARY ENGINEERING (UTVSI)
- The Association for Water Technology and Sanitary Engineering (UTVSI) is a scientific and professional association that brings together different profiles of professionals, institutions, and companies active in the field of water supply, wastewater treatment and wastewater treatment and environmental protection in Serbia.
- UTVSI is a non-profit scientific and professional association. It was founded in 1960 and today has 83 individual and 92 collective members, and among its members are 109 organizations and institutions and 86 companies.
AQUASAN Network Bosnia and Herzegovina
- B&H Aquasan Network is established to improve the present situation in the WEP sector in B&H and particularly to maximize the use of domestic institutional and human resources (information, knowledge, experiences, and good practices).
- Aquasan Network members are experts from the WEP sector across B&H i.e. representatives of state ministries, relevant entity and cantonal ministries, entity water agencies, municipalities, research institutes, NGOs, public water supply and utility companies and representatives of private sector including independent consultants.
Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Albania (SHUKALB)
- The Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Albania (SHUKALB), which was established in 2000, is a professional, not-for-profit Association of water supply and sewerage professionals, who wish to improve the management of the Water Supply and Sewerage Sector in Albania, making it efficient, sustainable and effective in accordance with the current laws and regulations in Albania. The Association is legally registered in the Court of Tirana.
- The Association’s Mission Statement consists of four main mission objectives: (1) To advocate the collective interests of professionals in the water sector in Albania; (2) To serve as a leading resource for knowledge, professional development and networking; (3) To invest time and resources to build awareness and attract future generations to seek a career in the water sector; (4) To be a positive force for mutual understanding, collaboration and regional partnerships in the Western Balkans.
Water Supply and Sewerage Association of Kosovo (SHUKOS)
- SHUKOS is the Association of Water Supply and Sewerage of Kosovo registered as a non-incorporated, non-profit Association of its members and founders which are the Regional Water Companies – RWC and Operating Units, in accordance with Law no. 03 / L-134 of the Republic of Kosovo.
- SHUKOS growths the activities during its first fifteen years, and today is a highly respected institution professionally, both at home and abroad.